[ltp] Slackware on T42?

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:54:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, morpheus wrote:

> > reiserfs:
> > /dev/hda10 on /export type reiserfs (rw)
> > /dev/hda11 on /mnt/auto/dvd2b type reiserfs (rw)
> > /dev/hda12 on /mnt/auto/scratch type reiserfs (rw)
> >
> > Sharing files via Samba is easy though; I run W2K in VMware, and it mounts
> > its D: drive (where all its applications are stored) via Samba.
>
> Twelve partitions and W2K running in VMware?  That must be one hell of a
> system...

120 GB HD / 768 MB RAM / 2 GHz Athlon, so rather ordinary, really.  Part of
the reason I have 12 partitions is an unwillingness to throw away the junk
I'd collected in my previous installation.  (A couple things have come in
handy...)  I subscribe to the "make a small root partition and add
partitions as you need more space" school of thought.  Also, only six of
them are mounted now; the others are automatically mounted when I 'cd' into
them.

      safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin