[ltp] madwifi on Debian sarge with kernel 2.6.8

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:42:27 -0500

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 13:30 +0100, Meike Reichle wrote:
> got it figured out now. I needed to install the debhelper package. After
> installing this one everything ran smoothly. The driver is now finished
> installing and lsmod shows the desired modules (ath_pci, wlan and
> ath_hal). However, there isn't a new device yet. A friend told me to try
> pcmcia-cs. So I'll do that next and see where it takes me ...

If you're trying to use the built-in WiFi, I can't see how pcmcia-cs
will help you, since your device is PCI.  To create the device, you can
just alias wlan0 ath_pci which should set up a device called wlan0 for
you.  You can add that to modprobe.conf to automate it on boot.
Apologies if this doesn't work on Deb, I'm using Fedora.
-m