[ltp] Sound on 600e with Debian Sarge distro

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:17:01 -0600

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 15:43, wes schreiner wrote:
> Mainline 2.4.x doesn't have PnP BIOS support, but the now old
> 2.4.x-ac kernels did, as well as some vendor kernels I think.  I
> don't know about 2.6.x, I don't use it on my Thinkpad.

PnP BIOS is in 2.6.x kernels, and it works for me on a 600X. Soon I
hope to try it on a 600, which I believe has the same sound chip as
600E.

> >> Oh yeah, you need to invoke aumix, again after su-ing to root, and
> >> unmute main volume and PCM volume to get some sound.
>
> Feh, get the settings to where you want, then run alsactl store.
> During boot up initialization, run alsactl restore somewhere.

I think most distros which support ALSA (probably all the major ones at
this time) do this in their boot scripts. I know Slackware does.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header