[ltp] changing brightness in software on T42p?

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:16 +0100

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:11:37PM +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> > My best bet looked like the ibm_acpi module with
> > echo 4|5 >/proc/acpi/ibm/cmos
> > but module doesn't offer the cmos proc entry.
>=20
> You have to give the experimental=3D1 parameter when loading the module.

Indeed, that helped.

Unfortunately, echoing to it changes the brightness level as far as osd
sees it, but that doesn't propagate to the actual LCD.
I think it just saves the setting in the CMOS without actually applying
it to the running laptop=20

Oh well, that was worth a shot

Marc
--=20
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in" - A.S.=
R.
                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet coo=
king
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@merlins.org for PGP=