[ltp] wireless with ipw2100

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:06:08 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Allen Knutson wrote:

   I think I've got the 2100 software all set up with no place to go.
   Before I order the Intel PRO 2100 for myself, does anyone here have
   a particularly good argument why I might get a different card? (Other
   than "you mustn't use a card with a closed source, albeit free, driver!")
   								Allen K.
I ordered my X31 without the wireless card, and then bought the intel
2100 on ebay for under $30 including shipping. If you can try to get
one that was made for IBM. It will prevent additional hassles.

Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
kenf@speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
ken@firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken