[ltp] Booting problems

Mallipeddi Venkata Harish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:33:39 +0000

Hi all,

I have a IBM Thinkpad R40 (Centrino) running Mandrake 10.1 CE. It was
working great for sometime. But, since a few months, I'm having this
problem. When I switch on (or restart) the laptop, it gets stuck at the
initial IBM Thinkpad logo screen for a long long time. Pressing F1 or the
Access IBM key does not seem to work at all. What I do right now is to keep
restarting (by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del) and finally after n attempts it loads
LILO and boots linux. Otherwise it gets stuck at the IBM logo screen as I
mentioned for a longtime.

Why is this happening? Someone suggested that it might be due to some
hardware failure. But, I do not see anything like that. Everything seems to
be working fine after it boots into linux.

Thanks in advance,
Harish