[ltp] Cisco firmware again

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:53:01 -0500

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that maybe some critical windows
update has caused this old firmware to no longer work properly with
Windows.  I'm not sure what else would interact with the firmware in
such a way as to cause it to crash the computer.  And I don't think
Cisco or IBM would have ever released it if it had this behavior from
the beginning.  It's too bad,  I really wish I could use the same
firmware in windows and linux.  I have an pcmcia linksys card that I
might just start using in one of the OSes.  Probably linux since it's
easier to make it ignore the cisco card.

Joel