[ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration

Niko Ehrenfeuchter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:34:11 +0100

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:19:17PM +0100, David wrote:
> Thanx, thought it was an other driver, not the kernel one...
>
> I've the radeon M6...bad bad bad no glx...

Why? What's inside your X31? I'm having a X24 here and the most
challenging problem was the insufficient memory of my radeon
(a 'Mobility M6 LY' with 8 MB). It took me some hours to
figure out that the DRI won't initialize correctly until i
reduce the color depth to 16 bit (sorry, don't remember the
exact XFree error message, was a bit confusing), with 24 bit
the 8 MB aren't enough for the additional space needed by
the z-buffer...

What do the logfiles tell you? Can you post them here?

regards,
Niko