[ltp] Trackpoint going haywire under 2.6

T D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 05:42:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everybody,

   I have been working out the  2.6 quirks. My
crashing with the 2.4 crash has seemed to stop (knock
on wood). But my trackpoint seems to go crazy every
now and then (moving the panels, bring up unwanted
apps, etc.) I have been trying different settings in
the /etc/X11/XF86Config (I run redhat 9) from ps/2,
imps/2 to auto.If anybody could help me out with this,
 I would be so grateful. I posted the XF86Config below

/etc/X11/XF86Config

 Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse
then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to
let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"