[ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration

d.lj linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:44:38 +0100 (CET)

hi.
after playing around with all this i noticed the following resp. found
two ways (i  guess there are more) of getting it up with slight
differences in performance and stability, all this on debian:

1)
using xlibmesa-gl1-drm-trunk
from
deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/ ./

with this i get ~850 fps with glxgears

i also installed the drm-trunk-module-src package and compiled
the radeon.ko from there, which i m also using in the 2nd method.

i guess the need for this module is the reason why you have to compile
the standard kernel dri driver for the radeon as a module so it can be
replaced.

anyway, awakening from suspend works fine here.

2)
installing xserver-xfree86/experimental, xlibmesa-gl,
xlibmesa-dri from
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
(use any mirror)

and creating this file fwiw beforehand
root@tp:~# cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental,s=x11
Pin-Priority: 995

with the radeon_dri.so from this package i get a good 900 fps in
glxgears _but_ resume apparently doesnt work.

i arrived at these after clicking a couple of linuxonthinkppad pages
(A31p and R40) and the dri.sf.net site. everythings not quite clear e.g.
i couldnt yet figure out how to build stuff directly from dri.sf.net
source.

j,j

[Jericho Gutierrez]->[RE: [ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration]->[04-02-03 16:44]