[ltp] T41 and SuSE 9.0

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:24:41 -0600

I am trying to do a network installation of SuSE 9.0 Pro on my T41
(2379DJU).  I am repeatedly getting the following messages in syslog:

ACPI-0297: *** Error: AE_TIME while evaluating method [_L18] for GPE[ 0]
ACPI-0345: *** Error: Handler for [EmbeddedControl] return AE_TIME
ACPI-1121: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_.GPE._L18] (Node cdff1fa0), AE_TIME

This happened with normal installation boot and with "pci=noacpi" boot
parameter.

With normal installation boot, installation proceeded up to 90% thru
SuSEconfig but then apparently hung.  All the way thry the
cursor control was very shakey (probably lag).  With the "pci=noacpi"
boot, cursor control was good, but at some point switched to text
install from the initial GUI install.

Any hints, URLs, etc. appreciated.

Jeffrey