[ltp] Trackpoint going haywire under 2.6

Andreas Kemnade linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:37:05 +0100

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 05:42:39 -0800 (PST)
T D <oberoc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
>    I have been working out the  2.6 quirks. My
> crashing with the 2.4 crash has seemed to stop (knock
> on wood). But my trackpoint seems to go crazy every
> now and then (moving the panels, bring up unwanted
> apps, etc.) I have been trying different settings in
> the /etc/X11/XF86Config (I run redhat 9) from ps/2,
> imps/2 to auto.If anybody could help me out with this,
>  I would be so grateful. I posted the XF86Config below

I have a similar problem with 2.6 without gpm (on an X31).
In the syslog I see something like this when the problem occurs:

Feb  2 17:18:23 flyp kernel: psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.

Any ideas?? gpm is not installed at all.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade