[ltp] Re: Touchpad not working (T41p), please help me

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:49:31 +0100

* Juergen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> [2004-02-04 18:23]:
> Hmm, I don't know if it's related, but on my T30 I use apm and
> since 2.6.2-rc1-bk1 I need to give the kernel option i8042.nomux
> for it to work.

I tried this on 2.6.2 final with apm compiled in. With this option,
at least a PS/2 Mouse is recognized but when catting /dev/psaux only
the touchpad delivers some input, not the stick. The Synaptics XDriver
does not recognize the psaux Device as a synaptics touchpad. So right
now I'm still bound to acpi with its non functional suspend :(

Mike.