[ltp] USB Mouse and Synaptics Touchpad together

Konstantin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:22:39 +0100

hi,

need your help:

I use Debian Linux Sid(Unstable) and the new kernel 2.6.2.

My touchpad boots and is recognized as Synaptics touchpad on my IBM Thinkpad T40. After the prompt is reached I can plug in my usb mouse and do my work.

The problem is, if I boot with plugged in usb mouse.
If I plug it in, before the bios is booted or before the kernel has found my touchpad, the system change the mouse to a standard ps/2 mouse and then my XF86Config-4 doens't work anymore and the most worse thing is, I can't use the suspend to RAM mode (apm -s or Fn+F4), because after wake up, the mouse doesn't work anymore :(

who can help me to fix this problem, shouldn't be a kernel problem. For the bios stuff as I think is no chance to handle it, but the boot up can be solved, as I think.

To Disable the Touchpad is not a solution, because I have to use the notebook without usb mouse too.

Thx for help

Konstantin