[ltp] USB Mouse and Synaptics Touchpad together

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:05:59 +0100

* Konstantin <mailoperator@uni.de> [2004-02-05 13:23]:
> The problem is, if I boot with plugged in usb mouse.
> If I plug it in, before the bios is booted or before the kernel has found my touchpad, the system change the mouse to a standard ps/2 mouse and then my XF86Config-4 doens't work anymore and the most worse thing is, I can't use the suspend to RAM mode (apm -s or Fn+F4), because after wake up, the mouse doesn't work anymore :(
Thanks for that hint I now know why my touchpad never was recognized
when I tried apm :)

So your solution may be
	* plug the usb mouse in when you reached the bootprompt
	* for the usb problem try restarting hotplug via /etc/apm/event.d

Or you could use ACPI where the touchpad would be recognized even if
the usb mouse was plugged in at boottime, but no chance to get usb
back working after S2RAM...

Mike.