[ltp] Thinkpad T41P having trouble waking up in the morning -- needs more caffeine?

Bradley W. Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 16:06:38 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 15:45, William R Sowerbutts wrote:

> Anyone got any useful advice to get this system working better? I'm sure
> someone must have it working properly.
i can get my system (a t40) to suspend and resume fine in with acpi in
2.6 but it's not really suspend - the little moon does not light up and
the system uses much more power than in apm suspend mode.

apm mode works sometimes but other times i get a black but backlit
screen upon resume - even alt-sysreq b won't reboot it from that state.

bottom line - afaik this is not 100% solved yet in 2.6
(apm in 2.4 does work fine for me)

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad@langhorst.com>