[ltp] Thinkpad T41P having trouble waking up in the morning -- needs more caffeine?

David Barroso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:14:50 +0100

* Bradley W. Langhorst (brad@langhorst.com) wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 15:45, William R Sowerbutts wrote:
>

> > Anyone got any useful advice to get this system working better? I'm sure
> > someone must have it working properly.
> i can get my system (a t40) to suspend and resume fine in with acpi in
> 2.6 but it's not really suspend - the little moon does not light up and
> the system uses much more power than in apm suspend mode.
>
> apm mode works sometimes but other times i get a black but backlit
> screen upon resume - even alt-sysreq b won't reboot it from that state.
>
> bottom line - afaik this is not 100% solved yet in 2.6
> (apm in 2.4 does work fine for me)

Hello,
in my T41 with 2.6.2 the little moon does light up when I run a 'echo 3 >
/proc/acpi/sleep' and then it comes back to reality, but with some
troubles:

- USB doesn't wake up properly. Sometimes it does, but other it doesn't.
- In 2.6.0 the mouse won't work when resuming, but now it works; problem
  fixed.

  I've always done it in the console, not when running X, so I don't
  know how if it would work or not.