[ltp] 2.6.2 suspends a 600X

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:53:42 +0100

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:51:54 +0100 Thomas Hood wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 13:50, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> > Ok, in plain 2.6.2 suspend works, i've looked at the patches and seems
> > that the work done are similar of what done around i8024 timers...
>
> A ThinkPad 600X also suspends under Linux 2.6.2 without any
> additional patches.

It works for me too (600E), but I have to insert the floppy module
beforehand, otherwise it won't suspend.  I don't need the module
afterwards, though.  One initialization of the floppy controller (the
drive is not installed) seems to do the trick...

I think this affirms the suspicion we had in the original thread (and
which I did not check back then).

This still doesn't explain why I didn't need Charles' patch, but I don't
need to know that, actually... ;)

michael