[ltp] Thinkpad T41P having trouble waking up in the morning -- needs more caffeine?

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:16:36 -0600

William R Sowerbutts <will@sowerbutts.com> writes:

> I'm having trouble getting my lovely new T41P to sleep. Well,
> actually, going to sleep is fine -- it's waking up again that causes
> the trouble ;-)
>
> The hardware is a 2373GEU; 1.7GHz Pentium-M, Atheros A/B/G wireless,
> an ATI FireGL T2, and the Intel 855PM chipset. BIOS is dated
> December 2003.

I have the same machine, and swsusp works fine (echo "4" >
/proc/api/sleep) if I ifdown ath0/rmmod ath_pci first, but suspend to
RAM doesn't, although with 2.6.2 the moon now lights up.

Actually the machine will suspend to RAM, and resume, but the screen
stays black.  From what I've heard, this may be because you need a
patch for the radeon support, but so far, I've been fine with swsusp
and my little powerbutton.sh script.

Hope this helps.
--
Rob Browning