[ltp] Thinkpad T41P having trouble waking up in the morning -- needs more caffeine?

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:46:22 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:14, David Barroso wrote:

> Hello,
> in my T41 with 2.6.2 the little moon does light up when I run a 'echo 3 >
> /proc/acpi/sleep' and then it comes back to reality, but with some
> troubles:
okay - your post prompted me to build 2.6.2 and give things a shot.

i don't have any usb devices to test with but i am now able to
suspend and resume from ram by doing echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
this is with x running and music playing
it resumes playing music and with x working happily

now i just have to automate this with acpid

after about the 10th resume/suspend
i noticed that my wired ethernet is experiencing a timeout

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

another suspend/resume cycle brings the ethernet back for a while

so it's still not quite perfect - but getting close

brad