[ltp] crashing, screen shrinking

Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:05:20 +0100

> The boot-up sequence
> (the Windows boot manager giving me the choice of XP or Linux), the Linux
> boot (listing all the various parts coming up), and Windows as a whole
> all now only use part of the full display.  It's running okay - it just
> doesn't use the whole screen.  Strangely, after linux finishes booting it
> does use the full screen.

For (2):

You aren't using an extended framebuffer driver during linux bootup or
it's not configured. So your system boots in 640x480, as does win.

Before your crash the "screen expansion" setting in the bios was
enabled, something during the crash (You possibly hit Fn+F8 during your
quest for the right recovery keychain? ;-) ) must have set this option
disabled.

Just go to the bios, reenable it and you'll have fullscreen bootup
again.

Andre.

PS: This just makes me wonder about Fn+Space. Didn't know of this
before, but just tried it and tpb reacts on it saying zoom on/off, but
on my machine nothing happens. What's that zoom thingy?