[ltp] T41 and SuSE 9.0

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:40:35 -0600

Quoting Mark Houlder <mark.houlder@ot-t.com>:
> I installed suse9 (from CD) ok on first attempt; not sure if i used any
> kernel params at the time but here are mine now: (for T41 2373-9FU)
>
> (minus kernel and root options, which will be different)
>

> vga=0x342 splash=silent acpi=off desktop hdc=ide-scsi hdclun=0
> cachesize=1024 showopts
>

> not sure if the vga one will work straight from the off, but the one to
> note is "acpi=off"

Thanks.  I swear I tried the install w/o ACPI mode and had the same
problems.  Just to be safe, I installed in the failsafe mode (no IDE
DMA, no APM, no ACPI).  It went fine.  I have since added in DMA and
APM.  It works fine.  I haven't dealt with the Intel wireless card or
the modem yet.  Not sure if I have 3D acceleration in the video either
(I'm not planning on playing Quake on it, though rumor has that it's
possible).

Jeffrey