[ltp] Thinkpad T41P having trouble waking up in the morning -- needs more caffeine?

Carlos Alocén Alcalde linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:23:23 +0100

El Thursday 05 February 2004 21:45, William R Sowerbutts escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble getting my lovely new T41P to sleep. Well, actually,
> going to sleep is fine -- it's waking up again that causes the trouble ;-)
>
> The hardware is a 2373GEU; 1.7GHz Pentium-M, Atheros A/B/G wireless, an A=
TI
> FireGL T2, and the Intel 855PM chipset. BIOS is dated December 2003.
>
> The best results I've had so far were with running a 2.6.2-mm1 with no AP=
IC
> support -- removing APIC support seems to be critical to success. ACPI was
> used for power management. The ATI kernel module was not loaded. XFree86
> 4.3.0 was running. In this configuration, writing a "3" to /proc/acpi/sle=
ep
> resulted in the system going to sleep very nicely. Tapping the power butt=
on
> revived the system. The graphics almost completely recovered, but the
> colours went, well ... bonkers, really. Everything else came back to life
> (including the wireless). Restarting the X server fixed the graphics, but
> obviously this is a pain in the arse.
>
> The same experiment with the ATI "fglrx" module loaded resulted in
> mushed-up graphics and a hung system ;(
>
> Anyone got any useful advice to get this system working better? I'm sure
> someone must have it working properly. Apart from this insomnia, the
> hardware is working really excellently -- I'm extremely impressed with th=
is
> machine, it's by far and away the best laptop I've ever seen!
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi William

I had the same problems with that, but now all works fine even centrino wifi.
I'm using gentoo with a linux kernel 2.4.23-win4lin. It supports apm (not
acpi) and suspend and wake up fine (excepts if I active).
You could try this kernel downloading from a gentoo mirror. I'll send you
my .config file.

> Will

> William R Sowerbutts                                  will@sowerbutts.com
> Coder / Guru / Nrrrd                                http://sowerbutts.com
>          main(){char*s=">#=0> ^#X@#@^7=",c=0,m;for(;c<15;c++)for
>          (m=-1;m<7;putchar(m++/6&c%3/2?10:s[c]-31&1<<m?42:32));}

- --
Clave pública en: hkp://pgp.mit.edu