[ltp] apm --standby and an other 'problem'

Konstantin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:22:16 +0100

hi,

apm --standby works fine for my T40, also with the keys Fn + F3, but the sound stops playing, I don't know why the programms are stopped on standby. This must be a linux option, because it works under windows.

The only thing I want is to use my T40 as mp3 player without running the display all the time, what wastes the most battery power :(

Another linux not thinkpad Problem:
If I use my thinkpad under terminal, the harddisk is quit and stays on standby mode, I hear not one sound of my thinkpad, but if I start Xwindows(whatever xfce, kde, gnome) a process writes or read something of the hd, so it spins up every 30 seconds and then goes to standby mode again. Yes this kill my nerves, the harddisk and the battery :(
No I do nothing on my laptop in this time and it's not sim(icq) or IRC or Sylpheed(e-mail programm) or any MP3 player(not one is open or running), because I tried it with an empty desktop and it's alway the same problem :(

Thx for help

Konstantin