AW: [ltp] ultrabay hotswap

Reed Gregory linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:17:31 -0500

--Boundary-02=_vRhMAMsT5BrCv5+

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 3:49 am, Tepperis-Von der Ohe, Michael=20
(LOGICA) wrote:
> hi,
>
> > > Very cool, I'm going to have to try this (having just purchased
> > > another disc drive and an ultrabay adapter for it). Which kernel
> > > are you running?
> >
> > Kernel 2.6.2 w/ laptop mode patches.
>
> what are these kernel patches?

These are kernel patches to use what is called laptop-mode.  It really=20
shouldnt have any affect on the ultrabay stuff.  It basically just=20
delays hard drive writes for 10 minutes when you are on battery so that=20
it doesn't use much power.  I used a patch for it against 2.6.1 that=20
applied cleanly.  If you are using 2.4 kernel, the laptop_mode stuff=20
should already be integrated in I believe.

http://lwn.net/Articles/65813/

Reed

=2D-=20
Reed Gregory