[ltp] tp in the cold?

Dale Amon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:56:49 +0000

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:40:54PM +0200, dim wrote:
> I'm using linux slackware (kernel 2.6.2) on my thinkpad 570. Where I
> live it's now about -5 degrees C. After an hour of being outside (in
> the thinkpad case, suspended) my laptop has trouble awakening from
> suspend. It just switches the screen on where I can see my desktop but
> doesn't react to any keypresses (not even Fn-F4). If I turn it off and
> restart it, everything is ok. Is this because of the cold? Has anybody
> else experienced anything like this?

The speed of chemical reactions falls with
temperature, sometimes drastically. Batteries and
cold do not get along well.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"