[ltp] intermezzo?

Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:51:04 +0100

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:52:43PM -0500, mukesh agrawal wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) wrote:
>=20
> > For what the hell do u need raid on an notebook ? don't you pay a very =
high
> > price for redundancy ? wouldn't it be easier if u just use intermezzo f=
s to
> > sync your files daily with a home located data server !?
>=20
> Have you set up Intermezzo? It seemed interesting, but I wasn't sure how
> painful it would be to get running.
>=20
> Thanks.
yes it was kind a painful ! because u need an webserver and i jused apache
because thats the one i know best of all available webservers, and so it got
very big for just "synchronizing" your data once a day or twice ! so i got
back to go via NFS and rsync and syncing my files to an alpha server (Alpha=
PC
164SX). IMHO i think this is the best and easiest way to synchronize my data
especially $Mail and $home and last but not least /etc because i spent much
of my free time to get my T40Pp running with debian (especially the Xserver
was kind of funny to set up) =20

anyone got a better solution for handling such things ?=20

cu
axp