[ltp] raid1 on thinkpad A31

Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:22:04 +0100

--gE7i1rD7pdK0Ng3j

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:46:42PM -0500, Andy Firman wrote:

<cut>=20

> Now I am confused a bit here....
>=20
> So on a regular old PC you have 2 different IDE controllers that can have
> 4 IDE devices.  We have 2 channels on each controller for a PC right?
>=20
> On our Thinkpads, we have only 1 IDE controller that has 4 channels?
> This can have 4 IDE devices as well?
in our nice thinkpads we have also two ide-controllers with 2 channels each
--> 4 channels at all 1.channel: hda,hdb 2.channel hdc,hdd but there is only
one IC soldered onto the mainboard like in a PC there is no difference to a
normal PC except that a notebook is much more integrated.=20

--> PC and thinkpads(or all notebooks at least all x86 notebooks) are using
the same IDE system (1 chip 2 controllers 4 channels)

HTH
axp