[ltp] T20, Linux, and Hibernate

Brandon Beck linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:43:30 -0500

T20, Linux, and Hibernate

So, Whats the deal? Is it possible?

I've scoured the big bad interweb and found that some people have gotten
it to work. I even found some 'instructions' on how to do it. Most of
these assumed people had the original ibm harddrive layout intact, Who
does that? geez.

So does anyone have any help to offer for someone who has a small fat32
partition, and the rest for linux.

My partition table is currently wacky because of all the things i've
tried to do to get it working

    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *        88       745   4974448+  1b  Hidden Win95 FAT32
/dev/hda2           746      1559   6153840    f  Win95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hda3             1        87    657688+  a0  IBM Thinkpad hibernation
/dev/hda5           746       752     52888+  83  Linux
/dev/hda6           753       819    506488+  82  Linux swap
/dev/hda7           820      1559   5594368+  83  Linux

I've tried using the utility from ibms website, I didn't get anywhere
with it. I think I've tried everything short of swsusp, which I am wary
of doing for how cumbersome it seems.

But, I'm thinking about redoing this system anyway. so doing everything
is not an issue of that must be done.

I'm tired of having to reboot completely to undock from the docking station.

If anyone has any suggestions or leads to where I could find what I need
I'd much appreciate the assistance
--
Brandon Beck <bbeck@cryptonet.org>
http://www.cryptonet.org