[ltp] ultrabay hotswap

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:15:14 -0500

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 11:06, after a long battle with
technology, Bill Wohler wrote:
> Reed Gregory <reed@progoth.com> writes:
> > On Monday 16 February 2004 10:22 pm, Bill Wohler wrote:
> >> Very cool, I'm going to have to try this (having just purchased
> >> another disc drive and an ultrabay adapter for it). Which kernel
> >> are you running?
> > Kernel 2.6.2 w/ laptop mode patches.
> Any hopes with 2.4?

The original hdparm/tpctl scripts that worked on a Thinkpad 600E were
released when the kernel was at or near 2.4.10, so I'd say there's
hope.

--
   "We should have a policy against using personal resources for company
   business."  "The Company didn't pay for these pants, so I'm taking