[ltp] G40 Series Internal Ethernet Adapter

Frederic Herman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:18:13 -0700

han trieu wrote:

>Hi Fred,
>
>I got the same error as you did.  I was just wondering if you remember exactly what you need to change to get it working.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Han

>--bound1059363202
>
>I was able to get the driver to work, but I had to change the base address to correspond to the hardware in the G40.  I discovered the need to do that by looking at the /proc/pci file to see where the hardware was, and then looked at the driver source.  The driver files I downloaded did not have addresses corresponding to the G40's hardware.  Once I did that, the driver loaded and worked.
>
>Fred

I had to rebuild the driver with the correct base address.  I've had to
rebuild the driver each time I upgraded the kernel.  You will need to
have kernel headers on your G40 to run the files.  Please email me
directly so I can send the Broadcom driver files including my patches.
fherman at inferential dot com.

Fred