[ltp] R40 deep sleep

Matt Foster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
19 Feb 2004 12:33:45 +0000

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 11:56, David wrote:
[SNIP]
.> >
> > > echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep does suspend the machine to RAM, but there
> > > is no way to wake it back up again, I end up pulling the battery.
> > Have you tried the power button?
> I've to press the power button for 3 seconds, have you tried it?

No matter how long I held the power button down for it never woke up.
APM seems to be working fine for both standby and suspend though, along
with cpufreqd.  Guess I'll stick with APM for the time being.  Any ideas
how long the system can last suspended with a standard battery?

Cheers,

Matt