[ltp] anybody have apm working reliably with 2.6.2+ on a t40

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:55:54 +0100

On Fr, 2004-02-20 at 00:48, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> apm mode is really suspend but it only wakes up about 1/3rd of the time
> for me.
> anybody else have this working?

2.6.x, T40p, apm

Wakes up flawlessly here.

I unload the following modules *before* suspend:

        rmmod usbserial
        rmmod usb-storage
        rmmod hid
        rmmod uhci_hcd
        rmmod ehci_hcd

(beware: some modules have other names on 2.4.x)

That's necessary for me, otherwise the system hung immediately after
resume when external USB devices were connected.

I also kill bluetooth before suspending, because of pretty much the same
problem: hciconfig hci0 down
But I only rarely use bluetooth and it is disabled most off the time
anyway.

Currently I use the ATI binary driver (but will give the XFree radeon
another shot when XFree 4.4 arrives soon) and X wakes up fine, too.

Greetings, UW(e)