[ltp] anybody have apm working reliably with 2.6.2+ on a t40

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:46:08 +0100

On Fr, 2004-02-20 at 10:18, Michael Stilkerich wrote:
> Just because I never tried the ATI driver, is there something that
> works with it that doesn't with the Open Source driver?

I don't think so.
There is an interesting comparison:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/atilinux_oct03/ati_linux_comp_oct03.html

For me, the binary driver had the opportunity to actually switch off the
internal display when the laptop was sitting closed in the port
replicator (the OpenSource one didn't get this right) and it fixed a
font size inconsistency between my internal/external display (probably
related to some bug in the DPI detection).

Actually, I'm not really content with the binary driver, as I have
problems with cloning the screen on external beamers, and so I will try
the OpenSource again when XFree 4.4 arrives...

> Maybe TV Out?

Sorry, never tried TV out.

Greetings, UW(e)