[ltp] T40, 2.6.3 and power mgmt

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:35:19 +0200

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 06:01:53PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> >Check out http://samba.org/junkcode/#tphdisk (or google for tphdisk if t=
he
> >link I found in my mbox doesn't exist), it's a Linux-tool for creating t=
he
> >hibernation file.
>=20
> Thanks Heiko --
>=20
> it looks promising, but doesn't seem to be working for some reason;
> possibly because I have too much RAM to fit the save2dsk.bin file on
> a FAT16 partition.
<...>
> However, http://www.capsl.udel.edu/~xwang/blog/2003-11.html and
> http://www.codefu.org/weblogs/darkness/archives/000140.html both note that
> a save2dsk.bin on a FAT32 partition, or a hibernate partition, *should*
> work.  Strange!

It (save2dsk.bin on a FAT32 /dev/hda1) works for me.  I did not use
tphdisk though (I didn't know it existed), I used the IBM floppy image
burned into a bootable CD-RW.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
The difference between Microsoft and 'Jurassic Parc':
In one, a mad businessman makes a lot of money with beasts that should be
extinct.
The other is a film.

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--