[ltp] T41p with ATI Drivers

Bob Sumner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:25:01 -0500

I have a Thinkpad T41p with RedHat 9, kernel 2.4.20-30.9.  I've
managed to get most things working, but I'm having a problem with
the graphics.

I need accelerated 3d graphics, so I installed ATI's linux driver
for the Mobility FireGL T2 chip inside the T41p.  I installed version
3.7.0, which was posted on 12/29/03.

Accelerated 3D rendering seems to be working to the best that I can
tell.  However, I am unable to use the card's full-screen anti-aliasing.
FSAA is enabled in my XF86Config-4 file, but any 3D lines drawn
are still horribly aliased.  It's painful to see.

Has anyone been able to get this feature to work?

Thanks,
Bob