[ltp] T30 owners - Memory bank problems?

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:03:24 +1100

Just wondering if any of the T30 owners using both memory banks on their
system boards have noticed a problem. This is the third time in 1.5
years that one of the memory banks on my system board has stopped
functioning. The RAMS themselves are fine. I have two sims 512 MBytes
each. Each time, one of the banks stopped working and the system
recognized only 1 of the 512 MByte modules. You can only tell there is a
problem when weird problems start happening and you lose data.....typing
"free" shows only half the memory available.

Wondering if its just me or there are others. Once every six
months....(this is my fourth new system-board) would seem to indicate
there others out there who have experienced the same problem?

DS