[ltp] Konqueror Pop Up

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 01:45:31 +0000

A guess: this is nothing to do with konqueror, but some sort of "windows
messaging" service that is triggered when you go online. I believe that
a certain brand of router does this(!) and it may also be your ISP.
Perhaps this story is relevant?
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/07/1740205&tid=153

1)Try going to the same webpage, but use Mozilla. Also try links/lynx.
That might eliminate konqueror as the problem, or prove that it is the
specific cause.

2)Turn on your firewall. There's a wizard in mandrake control centre -
you probably want to block incoming everything (except maybe ssh).

Deos that help? Or am I making a total random guess? Perhaps you could
send a screenshot (use ksnapshot) of what you see - but email this *to
me personally* (or put it on the web); it's not fair to clog up the list
with binaries.

Regards

Richard