[ltp] resizing hard disk on ThinkPad T40?

Sean linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:24:55 -0800

Richard Griffith wrote:

 > Mandrake's ntfsresize works well on a clean/new system, but a well used
> NTFS needs a proper defrag before it stands a chance. The doing the
> defrag/resize twice was the key to the last dual boot I set up, though.

Interesting, I never tried that approach. I'll have to remember that.

Personally, I ran into resizing problems installing Suse 9 as well and
ended up using PartitionMagic to resize my Windows 2000 install on my
T40. If you don't mind recovering your data with the IBM Restore CD, you
might want to go that route and learn a couple things. However for a
quick and painless job, grab a copy of PatitionMagic.

cheers,
Sean