[ltp] resizing hard disk on ThinkPad T40?

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:10:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Szakacsits Szabolcs wrote:

>         - in general, the shrinkage limit was around half of the partition
>           because NTFS places there some metadata by definition and no
>           defragmenter will move it away. However this is not a rule, it
>           might depend on how the vendor images the computers.

All right, then I take back my "Using the XP defrag repeatedly doesn't
help"-statement - I freed about half of my partition on the first try, but
it wouldn't become better.

Sorry for the senseless traffic then, Heiko