[ltp] Which Distro for TP 240?

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:12:37 +0000

A possible thought - you could try Mandrake 10.0 which is now at release
candidate 1. It has kernel 2.6 and KDE3.2 - both of which should have
significantly better performance than the older software. You might like
to try it out.

Richard

Ken Firestone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am about to rebuild my TP 240 with a new disk drive, and a new
> distro. I am open to recommendations for which of the current distros
> to use. I have Red Hat, Slackware, and Mandrake 9.1 on CDs, and I am
> also thinking about SuSE, which I have used before and Debian.
>
> Opinions?

> Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
> kenf@speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
> ken@firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken

rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.