[ltp] xfree: switching resolution between lcd && external monitor

Matt Foster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:06:04 +0000

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 09:39, Tepperis-Von der Ohe, Michael (LOGICA)
wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there a ability for xfree to switch to a higher
> resolution for connected external monitors on gnu-debian-linux?
>
> I think I've read about that for xfree 4.x.
Certainly it's possible in 4.3, here is the important snippet of my
XF86Config (R40 system):

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
        Option          "CloneDisplay"  "1"
        Option          "CloneMode"     "1280x1024 1024x768"
        Option          "PanelOff"      "on"

It's the 3 "Options" which do the trick, although I believe it may be
radeon specific.

--
How much does it cost to entice a dope-smoking UNIX system guru to Dayton?
		-- Brian Boyle, UNIX/WORLD's First Annual Salary Survey