[ltp] RE: ndiswrapper & WEP SOLUTION + suspend issues

Kevin Mescher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:58:26 -0500

For all of those who had a problem with ndiswrapper as well:

The solution is to set the essid AFTER setting the key, like
this:

iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxx
iwconfig wlan0 essid foo

That works every time.

I did have some problems when waking up from a suspend.
Evidently the ndiswrapper driver doesn't like it.  My
solution was to use apmd's script support to shutdown and
remove the ndiswrapper module on suspend, and reload (and
restart the interface via ifconfig).

There is a catch: There must be a delay between reloading
the module and running iwconfig.  I used 2 seconds.

Kevin (proud new R40 owner)