[ltp] bootable compact flash adapter for tp240?

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:51:08 -0600

Adam McLeod <mcleod8@uwindsor.ca> writes:

> I have a Lexar PC-Card to Compact Flash adapter, but I can not make it
> boot.  I've changed the BIOS boot order to have removable hard disks to
> boot before the fixed hard drive.
>
> Are there compact flash adapters that are bootable for this system?  If
> there are, with they work with the ide-cs modules under linux?

If you find anything, could you post it.  I'd also like to be able to
boot from either a usb-key or a pc-card compact flash adapter, but so
far, the pc-card adapter and usb-reader I have here aren't recognized
as removable devices in the BIOS (t41), and I haven't seen any
advertized adapters that claim to be bootable.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu