[ltp] tp570 ultrabase cdrom

dim linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:59:51 +0200

d> I've got a problem with m thinkpad: whenever I can't unmount cds. It
d> says the device is busy. This happens everytime. I've tried it with
d> the 2.4.22 and 2.6.2 kernels. What is more, I can't mount a cd after
d> undocking and then redocking the thinkpad on its ultrabase. When I try
d> to mount it, I get "/dev/cdrom is not a block device".
Hasn't anybody had this problem? Compiling the ide-cd as a module
doesn't help. When I try to mount the cd after redocking, mount just
stops responding. Can't even shut it down. ps-aux shows /sbin/modprobe
-q -- ide_cd is running. Syslog shows now entries for hdc. I'd really
like to solve this problem - I don't feel like rebooting everytime I
need the cd. Awaiting your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
dim