[ltp] IBM 600E, RH9, minicom problem

Bill Voight linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:24:23 -0500

Bert,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I don't believe it is disabled.  I ran the
tests from the BIOS and it checked out OK.  I'm not familiar with the
Thinkpad BIOS (I'm mostly a Sun guy).  Other than hitting F1 at the
proper time and running the diags, there does not seem to be any to
disable the serial port.  I've downloaded the manual in pdf format and
looked at it with no success.

I've also installed the kernel-module-thinkpad and tpctl.  Tpctl
reports it can't open device /dev/thinkpad.

If you think of anything else, I'm listening.

Bill Voight