[ltp] MadWifi/ACPI on 2.6.4-rc1

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:56:22 +0200

I get a failure of both alsa and ath_pci when I resume from an (ACPI 3)
suspend. After this I can still unload and reload the modules, but never
set up a wireless connection again, unless I reboot. If wireless modules
are not loaded, alsa does not behave badly on resume.

When I use APM I can actively perform a wireless ping and play a mp3
when suspending - when I resume things are ok - the audio and ping will
resume. With acpi, both will fail almost immediately after resuming.

I am using version ATH v0.8.5.2 from CVS on a Thinkpad R50P (it's
related to T41) with IBM 802.11a/b/g built-in card.

I am also using my own dsdt table - I have followed instructions to
correct 1 error and 2 warnings using iasl on dsdt.dsl. This fixed
/proc/acpi/events as it did not report any events, but who knows, I
might have broken something too... I wouldn't like to have to use APM
because of the nice features of ACPI (throttling, temperatures etc.)

Aynone know what to do?

-Niel