[ltp] ultrabay hotswap - ide-scsi

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:03:59 +1100

Thanks, I will migrate to 2.6.X as soon as I have the time to do it.
Right now, 2.4.X works for me in every way, APM, DRI, etc, etc. It has
taken me months to get to iron out all the little quirks to suit my needs.

So, I would just like to know how to attach ide-scsi to /dev/hdc (the
cd-rw device). It worked by having a boot parameter in grub/lilo
"hdc=ide-scsi". I have no idea how to attach it after a hotswap using
idectl.

Daniel Jimenez wrote:
> Hello!
> I'd suggest moving to 2.6.X unless there is a specific module that is
> preventing you. The change is much easier and smoother than most people
> portray it to be.
>
> If you have any questions about migrating kernels, feel free to ICQ
> (UIN: 936576) or email me.
>
> Thanks,

Er sorry, my reasoning is that you no longer need ide-scsi in 2.6.X