[ltp] Re: ThinkPad T40, finding modem in Mandrake 9.2?

edonia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:18:52 +0800

Am Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:39:22 +0100 schrieb Annika Wille:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to connect to the internet from Linux. I installed Mandrake 9.2 on
> my ThinkPad T40. Appearently Mandrake does not find my built in modem.
>
> Did anyone have similar problems?
> Does anyone now, how I can tell Mandrake where to find it?
>
> Thank you very much for helping!
> Annika

Hello Annika,

you do need the rpm "kernel-source" installed and the download the packed
"slmodem-driver" (just google for it). If you need further assistence,
please fell free to ask.

In my case it is working fine with MDK 9.2...

Uwe