[ltp] APM on R40e

Marc Schoechlin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:46:53 +0100

Hi !

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 06:24:54PM +0100, spacephreak wrote:

> yes i realize too. its strangley.
> before the os is starting, i can change the brigthness, but when
> the kernel is loaded, it doesn't working.
> so i try tcptl. perhaps those buttons running with tcptl and 2.6

there are now new modules for tpctl and kernel 2.6 - i will try
them out in the next days :-)

> a second problem is, that my network module (bcm5700) only runs under
> 2.4.* (not 2.6)
> i hope Marc Schoechlin can help:D

I have a running network-card under kernel-2.6 - see my previous mail

My machine runs the 2.6test9-kernel from the debian-kernel-source-package.

I discovered a lot of bugfixes in 2.6test10 an later - so maybe this
driver is working correctly now - i will test in the following days.

A small preview of my install-howto for my R40e:
--
 Network adapter

  output of "lspci":
  --
  Broadcom NetXtreme (02:00.0 Ethernet controller : Broadcom Corporation : Unknown device 170d (rev 01))
  --

  The nic is IMHO currently supported by the "tg3"-module.
  Currently a bug prevent me using this nic.

  * Workaround for the non-working tg3-driver

  -> Download the proprietrary i386-Driver for this nic
     http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

  -> Extract the

  -> Do the following:
     --
     unzip ../linux-7.0.0.zip
     cd Server/Linux/Driver

> On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 18:07, Ari Saptawijaya wrote:
> >  ... then we still face the same problems :)
> >
> > but btw, did you realize that in the original one
> > (with kernel 2.4.22 without ACPI) those buttons work
> > properly?

I still have problems with the buttons - tpb wastes over 25% of my
CPU-performance, after starting the desktop-session. :-)

I think it works a little bit :-)
--
ms@blob: $ tpb -v
Fn button pressed

Maybe someone can help ?

The current state of the howto is available at http://nox.lf.net/256bit.org/download.html

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin

--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33